Employment Practices Liability Coverage
Business Owners Can't Afford to Go Without It
There were 99,947 charges of discrimination at the Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEOC) in 2011, a record high for the EEOC.
- Disability discrimination claims represent 26% of all discrimination claims. The
increase is a result of the broadening of the Americans with Disabilities Act that
took effect 1/1/2009, resulting in more qualifying disabilities.
There were 30,512 charges of harassment at the EEOC in 2011.
- 16.3% of sexual harassment charges are brought by males.
These statistics represent charges brought only at the Federal Level — add
charges brought at the individual state employment and human relations commissions
and you can see the financial risk of not buying EPL coverage.
Our EPLI policy coverage features:
- Full Prior Acts available for most classes.
- Third Party Coverage available for most classes — provides
for claims made
by non-employees, usually customers or vendors, that allege an employee
or discriminated against them.
- Defense Outside the Limit — Insurance Company bears all costs
defense above the
retention and defense costs do not erode the Limit of liability.
- Independent Contractors are included in the definition of Employee.
- Risk Management Services
- Duty to Defend — obligation to defend all claims even if
to be groundless,
false or fraudulent.
- Fair Labors Standards Act (FLSA) — sub-limit for defense
- Can Package EPLI, D&O and Fiduciary Liability coverage
- A.M. Best rated A or better carrier
- 3 year policies available on some classes
- Competitive pricing
- Timely responses to all inquiries and submissions
- Most classes written on admitted policies
- Capacity up to $10,000,000 is available
- Primary and Excess Forms are available
Additional EPLI statistics:
- 3 out of every 5 employers are sued by former employees.
- A private company is more likely to have an Employment Practices Liability claim
than a General Liability or Property claim.
- 65% of all companies that have ever fired an employee have been hit with an employment
- Over 40% of all EPL claims are brought against firms with less than 100 employees.
Make sure every commercial account you write, knows the numbers!
Need a quote? We'll get it to you fast!
Check out our website
or give us a call for an application today!