NEW PRODUCT FOR U.S. EDUCATION PROVIDERS:
ACTIVE SHOOTER PROTECTION
TAILORED LIABILITY COVERAGE FOR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
Coverage is designed for educational entities of all types and sizes, including public and private schools, charter schools, colleges and universities and day care facilities.
The intention of this policy is to function as "primary insurance" via the policy's Other Insurance Clause. If there is an active shooter event and both the Active Shooter policy and the General Liability policy respond, the Active Shooter policy/limits will be primary. This will preserve the GL limits for other more typical GL claims that it is better designed to cover.
- No Terrorism Exclusion applies
- Provide pre and post risk management (on-site Security Vulnerability Assessment, Safety Action Plan Seminar, Crisis Management Response Team)
- Dedicated sub-limits for crisis management services, counselling services and funeral expenses
- Some GL policies exclude certain BI or PD if it is committed by an insured (ie. Teacher was the active shooter). The Active Shooter policy contains no such restrictions
The Active Shooter policy provides primary limit and 3rd party liability coverage - including indemnity and defense - should an educational institution be sued as a result of an active shooter event. The risk management services can help prevent an incident from occurring and also demonstrates that the educational institution has made an extra effort to protect their students and faculty. This could help reduce their liability if they are faced with a lawsuit.
Even if a school is not at fault, a lawsuit can still be filed and costs can quickly escalate.
Click here for an easy two page application with quick quote turnaround!
EDUCATORS LIABILITY & EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES LIABILITY
Lawsuits based on dress codes, special education, sexual discrimination and failure to educate are increasing. EPLI claims are the most frequent type of lawsuit brought against school board officials today. Termination, hiring and promotions comprise almost half of the claims made.
This coverage is tailored for public, parochial and private schools including colleges, universities and certain vocational training schools.
- Covers D & O, E & O and EPLI
- Limits available up to $5,000,000
- Full prior acts coverage available
- Claims Made coverage
- Sublimit for Wage & Hour (FLSA)
- Sublimit for Crisis Management
- Sublimit for Fiduciary Liability
- Third Party EPLI included
- Defense costs are in addition to the limit
This policy's definition of who is covered, is among the broadest in the industry, including the entity, elected, and appointed officials, board members, trustees, all employees, volunteers and their spouses and heirs.
Coverage is provided by an "A" rated or better carrier.
Click here for an application